- Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
SBM Terms and Conditions
Where do you deliver?
SBM deliver to mainland UK (Great Britain) addresses, and some other locations depending on the type of products you've ordered.
Standard FREE Delivery
We deliver 'Standard' products to mainland UK (Great Britain) addresses only. We are unable to deliver to Northern Ireland or remote and offshore locations (including The Isle of Wight) under our standard delivery. For areas outside of our standard delivery please contact customer service on 0800 368 9100 or email email@example.com and we will advise you of any additional shipping costs. All products are delivered to the kerbside of the delivery address. For more information, read our Delivery Terms & Conditions.
When will I receive my delivery?
Most of our products are standard next-day delivery. You can order right up to 5pm and still get your product delivered next day (subject to availability). We deliver between 7am-6pm (Monday to Friday). Larger items and items shipped direct from supplier will be shipped as soon as possible and you will be advised of delivery date via email. If you would like to confirm delivery dates prior to payment, please contact customer service on 0800 368 9100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help.
Christmas and New Year Shipping?
Each year SBM Direct will close for the Christmas and New Year holidays. During this period the website will function as normal. All orders taken over this period will be processed and shipped from January 2nd.
How do I return unwanted goods?
Easily! If for any reason you’re not happy with an item you’ve ordered from Steel Build Masters, we’ll gladly refund it – simply contact our Customer Service team as soon as possible. Any unwanted goods must be returned to us within 14 working days from the date of delivery in a saleable condition (in accordance with the Distance Selling Regulations 2000) along with Proof of purchase (e.g. a copy of your invoice).
Items received after 14 working days from the date of receipt will not be refunded and you will be charged for the subsequent return delivery of the items to you (also in accordance with the Distance Selling Regulations 2000).
Simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
For any help you can call our Customer Services FREE on 0800 368 9100 (Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm) or email email@example.com. We’ll be happy to go through all your options with you and arrange for your return and refund and offer any alternative products.
If you discover a product is faulty, please call our Customer Service team within 14 days from the date of delivery on 0800 368 9100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be happy to help you and get a replacement out to you as soon as possible.
Damaged or missing goods
If items are damaged or missing from your order, please contact us within 14 days from the date of delivery on 0800 368 9100 or email us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help in any way we can.
SBM PRICE MATCH
If you find a lower price anywhere else on a new identical item, just show us the lower price when you buy the item at SBM-Direct and we will try and match the price.
If your SBM-Online order qualified for free shipping and the competitor offers free shipping, we will price match the product without considering shipping charges (even if the competitor has a higher minimum order size requirement to qualify for free shipping, or longer delivery times, than SBM-Online).
If your SBM-Direct order qualified for free shipping and the competitor does not offer free shipping, we will include an appropriate shipping charge in the competitor's price before price matching.
If your SBM-Direct order did not qualify for free shipping and the competitor offers free shipping but the product does not qualify for such free shipping, or does not offer free shipping, we will include shipping charges on both products before price matching.
If you would like to Price Match, please contact SBM Customer Services on 0800 368 9100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do what we can to help.
SBM STEEL BUILDINGS (SUPPLY ONLY) TERMS OF SALE
- Order is only placed upon cleared funds, all items remain the property of Steel Build Masters LTD until full payment is received, and any outstanding invoices will be liable to a £300+ VAT initial fine and thereafter a 5% interest charge.
- These buildings are made to order (bespoke) and therefore cannot be cancelled once ordered. Changes cannot be made to the building once it is processed at Steel Build Masters Limited.
- Payment can be made by personal or bankers draft, cash, direct deposit.
- Steel Build Masters Limited will offer assistance with the filling out and understanding of all permits and forms upon purchase of our product.
- The Client is responsible for submitting and obtaining all town planning, building or other permits and to pay all fees and insurance as required by law or by the regulatory body (i.e. soil categories).
- Delivery is only included in the contract price where stated.
- Access for an articulated delivery vehicle must be cleared prior to the delivery date and a forklift or similar must be supplied for unloading at client cost, the client is required to be on site at the time of delivery to accept and inspect all products, if required Steel Build Masters Limited can meet & unload the delivery at a cost of £1,250 + VAT to include supply/hire of plant and fully licensed operator.
- Security of materials and the site are the client’s responsibility once the product is delivered. Fencing of site if required is the client’s responsibility at all times.
- The client should cover the materials from the elements until the building is to be constructed. The supplier will not be responsible for any deterioration or discoloration of the materials should the client fail to do so.
- All deliveries must be unpacked and checked against the bill of materials immediately. No claims for damages or shortages will be honored after 48 hours from date of delivery.
- Steel Build Masters Limited will quote roller door sizes – NOT opening sizes, and takes no responsibility should any type of vehicle etc. not fit in the opening. It is the Purchasers responsibility to ensure opening sizes are correct.
- Should additional fixings be required other than that which is supplied, the purchaser will be charged accordingly.
- Purchaser acknowledges that Steel Build Masters Limited has no role in the delivering and manufacturing of parts and materials and therefore holds harmless Steel Build Masters Limited in any delay of delivering of the parts and materials and further holds harmless Steel Build Masters Limited for repair or replacement of damaged, nonconforming, or missing Parts and Materials. In the event of a dispute relating to the delivery time and location of Parts and Materials, and / or damage to the Parts and Materials, Purchaser agrees to hold relevant supplier and not Steel Build Masters responsible.
- Conformity with Building Codes. Steel Build Masters Limited represents that its products and services are in conformity with Building Regulations 1991 Approved Documentation. (UK Building Code) Purchaser acknowledges that certain building departments may require additional engineering over and above what is normally required. Any further engineering required is the responsibility of the Purchaser and Steel Build Masters Limited shall not be held liable for this.
- Steel Build Masters Limited hereby assigns and / or transfers all warranties and guarantees issued by its authorized suppliers to the Purchaser. Purchaser agrees to hold relevant supplier and not Steel Build Masters responsible for any claims.
- Building width and length dimensions quoted are internal slab dimensions and do not include the width of external finishes, roof overhang or guttering.
HELP AND ADVICE
If you require any help whatsoever or have any questions about the above information, please do not hesitate to contact Customer Services on 0800 368 9100 or email email@example.com and we will be happy to help.